Monday, July 12, 2010

Guide me through my darkest day.


Relationships of all kinds are like sand held in your hand.
Held loosely, with an open hand,
the sand remains where it is.
The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on,
the sand trickles through your fingers.
You may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled.
A relationship is like that. I finally understand this philosophy.
Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact.
But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.

If asked why I love her I would say
It’s the sway in her hips,
the thickness in her thighs.
It’s the lust in her lips,
the love in her eyes.
It’s the softness of her skin,
the silk in her hair.
It’s the twist in her walk,
it’s the sweetness in her talk.
It’s the way she loves me
that makes me love her each day.
That is what I would say.
I know that you are not perfect and nor can I claim to be either, but please believe me, when I say that I want to be by your side, to hold your hand, to treasure you in the morning and in the noon-tide,
to be next to you, to be held close to your heart now and for the rest of my living years,

to comfort you, dry your tears and calm your most frightening fears, to fight your battles and show no shame to scream my love for you out loud all over the land. Even if you were the last one in the competition
I would still cheer from the side,
Even if you were to somehow lose your way
I would guide you back to my arms,
Even if you didn't need me anymore
Even if you didn't walk back through my door
I would still be waiting here for you,
Even if you didn't look the way you do
I would still think you were beautiful,
And if you don't know by now how I love you
Well, it's a love that's unconditional.
And even if you didn't love me anymore
Even if you didn't walk back through my door
I would spend my life waiting for you Even if. . .
Even if you lost faith in yourself
I would still be a believer
And I'd remind you you're like nobody else
And I would stand by you forever
Even if you didn't love me anymore
Even if you didn't walk back through my door I would spend my life in love with you.

When I lost you, both of us lose
Me because you were the one I loved the most
You because I was the one who loved you the most
But from the two of us the one who lost more was you
Cause I'll be able to love others the way I loved you
But no one will love you the way I did

You don't know,You can't see what really goes on inside of me.
My eyes shield, How I feel inside?
You don't know.
How much I've cried, My mouth restricts
What I'd really say and make you think
I'm perfectly okay.
I know you tried
You mean well
But I have things,I'd never tell.
To truly laugh
To really smile
Is something I haven't done in a while.
You'll never know
How I really feel
I don't know how long
It will take to heal.
Just know that
I still love you
After everything that I've been through. You'll never see inside my mind,
I'm protecting you
From what you'd find.
I protect you because
I love you so.
This is my pain
That you'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment